Thursday, 8 May 2008

Friends

I have always had trouble making friends, that too guys are friends, big aaaarrrgghhh. Although I am jovial, I have always been part of the camaraderie, but friends? none till lately. I don't remember having any friend till I was in class IX, in that class I did a play for annual day and was playing the role of a weak husband, my wife's role was played by a senior. All the while we practiced, she tried to tell me the importance of friends, and I was smitten by her, so at the end she asked "so now, who do you want to make friends with?", I shamelessly said, "You!", she was trapped afterall she entered the danger zone by herself :). Long story short, she was my best friend for next two years.

Women (girls) were someone I was always comfortable with, in school I was the alpha-male, do not confuse it with being Casanova, I was the part of the 'boys' gang, but when it came to sharing personal jibber jabber, I used to turn to my dynamic circle of "friends" all of them girls, some from senior batch, some from my class. Hardly was there a guy who would have known more about me than my hostel warden. I just wasn't comfortable talkin emotional stuff with guys.

All went well, till it came, IIT Bombay. Not to say that there weren't girls here, but 5% is a number which is not only ignored, but also seen as noise in most cases and filtered out.

IT WAS A BIT TOO HONEST AFTER THIS, AS SUGGESTED BY PRAGYA, ALTHOUGH I DON"T SUBSCRIBE TO THE IDEA OF CHANGING MY POST BASED ON OTHERS' OPINIONS, BUT I CAN'T HELP THE FACT THAT MOST PEOPLE READING THIS WOULD LEAVE NO EVENT TO EMBARRASS ME

14 comments:

Gurveen Bedi said...

boyfriendsssss...nana nd u...boyfriendss...nd chams is da gal in ur relationship..
awwessomme 33soomee!!:D:D:D

pragyag said...

ohkkkk
yaar...tu bahut hi honestly likh raha hai inn logon ke saamne :P

life is wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pragyag said...

i must say....u r totally into it!
ekdum vaisa hi reaction hai logon ka..jaisi tune apne relation ki fitrat kahi hai :P
"he was eccentric - check that he "is" eccentric, we bonded, he found me a pain in the ass, I found him a bigger pain in the ass."

life is wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
life is wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ankur said...

sorry for being the greeks among romans, lekin atleast tum log mere blog padh to rahe ho :D

life is wonderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
life is wonderful said...

please do not change ur post...no point in blogging an incomplete thought..humble request to put up the complete post.
thank you
yours truely
an admirer

Vartika said...

aawww
i missed the original post!
c'mon dubey!!!
put it back naaa
plzzzzz

Gurveen Bedi said...

cowardly..pragya ki baat sun li chi chi..
blog rule no. 1: NEVER NEVERRR CHANGE YOUR POSTS..its ur blog...its upto u wat to put on it..bhaad me gaye log..put the original post back!!
and dis id a serious comment..blog post badalna due to people's comments is UNETHICAL..

Abhishek said...

common dubey....dis not done....tu post change nahi kar sakta...raat mein jab padh raha tha tab net chala gaya...i have to put comments on the blog..mujhe yaad nahi hai kya tha......PUT THE ORIGINAL 1....else I will be a pain in the ass for yaa !!

Ankur said...

dekho donton, raat ko 3 baje mein mast pee ke aaya tha and uske baad gusse mein delete kar diya, ab mere paas khud nahi hai original post, kisi ko tareeka pata ho retrieve karne ka to batao

pragyag said...

maine post change karne ko kahan kaha tha..that was tooo good! ab ya to rewrite karo..agar retrieve nahi kar sakte !!