Friday, 6 June 2008

Nostalgia

Nostalgia literally translates as sickness to return home, in early ages it was considered a medical condition. I never considered it painfull or illness of some sort, Till today. Because of no power in my apartment last night, I had to spend the night at friend's room in IIT. In the morning, while I was about to leave, it was raining. Standing in the typical mumbai damp, dark and gloomy weather I felt an acute sting of pain, more of a sadness. Five years ago it was pretty much same time and same weather when I entered Mumbai, then for four years the monsoon was the best and the worst season of the year in Mumbai. It could be mainly because I romanticised a lot about the weather, or it could be about the night of 26th July when mumbai and my personal life were drowning.

Whatever be the reason, I did not want to stand any longer in the campus. A good memory comes back to bite me several times, and this was one such occasion, everywhere I could see my past 4 years. Nostalgia has always been potrayed as a pink, chocolatey feeling thanks to Shaan, Ali Haider and their likes to come up with beautifull college leaving songs. In real life, one feels happy when thinking about one's alma mater, but in my and many others' case, the alma mater is full of memories which we only wish to erase. Nostalgia in this mode, acts truely as a medical condition, rather untreatable medical condition.

I cleaned my iPod of all the songs I used to listen while I was in college, I don't visit those restaurants and hangout spots which I did while I was in college, All the desperation only adds to the misery. Only way out is, please mr. Ambani no more power cuts.

3 comments:

pragyag said...

i wish i wouldn't have felt this similar....

Vartika said...

really!?
i din't know u feel that way about college!
no, really?
and pragya too!??

Ankur said...

@vati - surprise , surprise ! :)